Toronto, Ontario Climate & Temperature
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada is at 43°37'N, 79°23'W, 77 m (252 ft). See map.
- Toronto, Ontario has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Toronto, Ontario is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 8.1 degrees Celsius (46.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.2 °C (45.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -0.3°C (31.5°F) on average falling to -6.6°C (20.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.9°C (49.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.5°C (36.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.6°C (74.5°F) and average low temperatures are 15.1°C (59.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 13.6°C (56.5°F) during the day and lows of 7.1°C (44.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 786.9 mm (31 inches) which is equivalent to 786.9 Litres/m² (19.3 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2024 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Toronto, Ontario you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Toronto, Ontario Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Toronto, Ontario Climate Graph in Metric Units
Toronto, Ontario Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Toronto, Ontario, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Wiarton, On, Canada - 184.6 kms (114.7 miles) NW
- Toronto Downsview, On, Canada - 15.1 kms (9.4 miles) NNW
- Toronto, Pearson Intl, On, Canada - 19.7 kms (12.2 miles) WNW
- Waterloo Wellington, On, Canada - 81.4 kms (50.6 miles) WSW
- Hamilton, On, Canada - 66.9 kms (41.6 miles) SW
- London, On, Canada - 156.7 kms (97.4 miles) WSW
- Erie, Pa, Usa - 183.4 kms (114 miles) SSW
- Muskoka, On, Canada - 149 kms (92.6 miles) N
- Peterborough, On, Canada - 105.9 kms (65.8 miles) NE
- Kingston, On, Canada - 233.3 kms (145 miles) ENE
- Trenton, On, Canada - 158.8 kms (98.7 miles) ENE
- Oswego, Ny, Usa - 233.3 kms (145 miles) E
- Brockport W, Ny, Usa - 126.3 kms (78.5 miles) ESE
- St Catharines, On, Canada - 51 kms (31.7 miles) SSE
- Rochester/ Rochester-Monroe, Ny, Usa - 150.8 kms (93.7 miles) ESE
- Hemlock, Ny, Usa - 132.8 kms (82.5 miles) ESE
- Buffalo, New York, Usa - 94 kms (58.4 miles) SE
- Angelica, Ny, Usa - 213.9 kms (132.9 miles) SSE
- Warren, Pa, Usa - 183.9 kms (114.3 miles) S